Category: Energy Efficiency
Keeping you and your loved ones warm this winter! Imagine having a heat pump that automatically switches on 1 hour before you arrive home. No more cold night. Install a Laser Electrical Heat Pump this winter AND save money on your power bill.
Its really important to get the right heat pump installed
When you hire a Laser Electrician, we will provide you with the right sized heat pump and adhere to professional installation practices. When a heat pump is correctly installed, it is a cost effective way to stay warm and cosy in winter (as well as fresh and cool in summer).
Heat pumps are our fastest growing heating solution. They are much less expensive to run than other forms of heating and are environmentally friendly. Heat pumps work just like refrigerators, transferring free heat from the outside air, which is warmed by the sun's energy, into your house, or in reverse when used as an air conditioner to cool your house. As they have no heating elements which burn energy means heat pumps are much more energy efficient than electric or gas heaters.
All Laser Electricians are trained and experienced heat pump installers and can help you find the right size and type heat pump for your home. We also will provide a warranty for the heat pump and the installation.
Here are some hot tips to make the most out of your heat pump once installed:
- Make sure you read the manual learn how to use the remote
- Turn it off when you go out so you are not wasting energy. Use the timer function so you have a warm house to come home to.
- Set the thermostat at a comfortable temperature. Setting it higher won't heat a room more quickly but it can affect efficiency.
- Skip the "auto" setting as the constant switching between heating and cooling to maintain the set temperature wastes a lot of energy.
- Make sure you shut doors and curtains to keep the heat in.
- Making sure your heat pump is regularly maintained will keep it working in optimum condition for as long as possible. We can provide a scheduled maintenance program to keep your heat pump serviced as well as keeping your filters clean.
For expert advice and experienced installation, talk to your local Laser Electrical Member about how we can help you find the right heating solution to meet your requirements.
For more information on the nation-wide plumbing services that we can provide please contact your local Laser Plumbing member.