Energy Efficient Lighting

Category: Energy Efficiency

Did you know only 5% of the electricity used in a traditional incandescent light bulb produces light - the other 95% produces heat. That's an awful lot of wastage!

Energy efficient light bulbs are a much smarter way to light your home- saving you money while being good to the environment.

Energy efficient lighting may cost more upfront initially but the pay-off is huge with the potential future savings an enormous benefit for you and your family. Replacing a 100 Watt incandescent bulb with a 20 Watt compact fluorescent bulb can save you at least $100** over the life of the CFL. Energy efficient light bulbs last much longer so you save on the cost of replacements and they use much less energy, which saves you money on your electricity bill while being good for the planet.

Good lighting design is about having the right light for the right tasks and only where it is needed. Being smart about the way you light your home and not over lighting will significantly reduce energy wastage and save you unnecessary power bills. There is a huge variety of energy efficient lighting available so you don't have to compromise on style.

We are experienced in all aspects of lighting design and can provide professional advice for efficient and effective lighting solutions for your home. We can you offer modern, stylish lighting that is well suited to your needs.

Switch to energy efficient bulbs and see the difference for yourself.

Contact your local Laser Electrician to find out more.

Here are some hot tips to save even more!

  • Turn lights off when not in use
  • Clean your light fittings and lampshades regularly to get the maximum light
  • If the room is too dim, you may need to reconsider the lampshades as they block a lot of the light from the bulb
  • As a minimum switch to energy efficient lighting in high use areas
  • Make the most of any timers and sensors so lighting only goes on when you need it.

** Calculated over the life of an avergae CFL bulb (6000 hrs). (Refer to EECA website)

For more information on the nation-wide plumbing services that we can provide please contact your local Laser Plumbing member.

Find your
Local Plumber

Your Area

Save Money with Laser!

Claim your free energy saving guide, jam packed with super saving tips!

Enter your Email